A SPECIAL welcome is extended to new members to our Club.
Seventy-eight golfers joined the Club over the four month period from November to February.
All were making the most of the special reduced price membership fees offered at the time.
Some of the new members rejoining the Club after a period away where work or family commitments had been a greater priority. A warm welcome is extended to everyone.
Why not introduce a family member or colleague to the friendliest course on the coast.
Check out our present special membership offer – Fourteen months membership for the price of the annual subscription. Plus a complimentary golf lesson with Jim Butt, our resident PGA Professional.
The course is looking great at the moment. John Duncan and his team are constantly working to keep the fairways and greens in top condition and the rough at a manageable length. Other work on the course will be recommenced once the growing season slows.
- The piped crossings at the 7th tee and along the 16th fairways will be completed. The piped crossings will replace the timber bridges that float away during floods, take time to replace and make the course unplayable for a period of time.
- A replacement bridge across Hyams Creek at the 18th hole will also be constructed and installed.
- The changes to the bunker configuration around the third hole will be undertaken in the Autumn.
- The works compound and roadway connecting to the car park has been sealed. Your Board has attempted to include this work in the annual budget for a number of years. The work was expensive but will ensure a better working area for our staff and reduce the amount of dust that entered the work sheds and into course machinery.
- Two extra carts were added to the fleet in December making 10 available for hire. Many visitors and members are making use of this facility. Don’t forget that members have a special hire rate.
A visitor from Tasmania in 2009 was very impressed with our course and, following discussion, his home Club, Scamander River Golf Club, will be added to those Clubs offering reciprocal rights to Jamberoo members. The Scamander River Course, as with many Tasmanian courses, is a 9 hole layout on the east coast of Tasmania. The signature hole is the 4th. A par 5, 580 metre tester! Let us know if you visit this area on your golfing travels. We have tried to settle on a consistent agreement with those Clubs listed as offering reciprocal rights, i.e. the same competition fees as members and half the normal green fees for a social round.